- The Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) is forcing skilled nursing facilities to move out of their comfort zones and admit complex, high-risk patients in order to remain financially competitive.
- Patient satisfaction scores are now tracked by CMS and available for public scrutiny.
- The matter is complicated by penalties imposed by CMS for high rates of readmission for this patient population.
The SRS Solution:
- PDPM offers opportunities to increase your facility’s revenue stream by accepting and rehabilitating high risk patients with multiple comorbidities.
- Our innovative, evidence-based Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program aligns best practices with PDPM requirements to help you safely admit high-risk cardiopulmonary patients to your facility, demonstrate consistently superior clinical outcomes, and assure patient satisfaction.
- Our proprietary respiratory reporting and tracking technology, which focuses on PDPM compliance, identifies qualifying patients and delivers performance metrics demonstrating the financial and clinical success of your Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program.
SNFs Are the Ideal Staging Areas
- Our patients need a myriad of medical devices, medications, and a well-trained team of caregivers.
- SNFs provide the ideal settings for coordination of all the requirements of our high-risk patients so they can successfully transition out of your facility, seamlessly continue their recovery, and avoid hospital readmission.
- Our highly experienced Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs) develop robust, individualized Care Plans as soon as patients are admitted to your facility.
- We support and work with your nurses in a team approach to the care of your cardiopulmonary patients.
- We identify gaps in care and address them so that patients can be safely transitioned from your facility when the time comes.
Benefits to Your Organization:
- Dramatically reduce your readmission rates and length-of-stay for CHF, COPD, and pneumonia.
- Enhance your facility’s value to your referral sources.
- You can accept higher-acuity patients safely and successfully.
- Our proprietary Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program is completely customizable to meet the needs of your patients and your facility.
- Flexible scheduling allows you to increase or decrease the presence of RCPs in your facility depending upon your census, patient acuity levels, and skill levels of your nurses.
- Evidence-based respiratory care will boost QA and safety measures and comply with JCAHO, CMS, and other regulatory agencies.
- You have a cost-effective strategy for the procurement of Respiratory services.
- You can be proud of the services of professional Respiratory Care Practitioners and a comprehensive program for high acuity, complex patient care in your facility.
- As your cardiopulmonary patients recover faster, they are able to tolerate more aggressive therapies provided by your therapists and nurses.
- Your patient satisfaction rates will soar as they recover more completely and regain their independence.
- Your outcomes will demonstrate increased patient self-efficacy, which is key to preventing readmissions after patients leave your facility.
Wherever They Are, Whatever They Need